Eternity Online forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternity Online forums

2D Adventure MMORPG, Interact with other people across the world, and choose your specialty and become the best at various skills!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vista problem

Go down 
+3
lovely
Final
Dyanna
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dyanna
Dyanna

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Requirements

For this tutorial you need of course Windows Vista but it's also required to be logged in as an Administrator. If you aren't an administrator then you won't be able to do this tutorial so first get yourself logged in as an administrator.

Code:

User Account Control

So, I am logged in as an administrator, so what now? We are now going to disable the whole user account control. This thing enhances security on Windows Vista but this also messes with a lot of programs. Thereby were going to put it off. UAC or not a computer can always get broken.

We're going to disable the UAC. Open the control panel and type "UAC" in the search box.  The first result you'll normally get returned by the search function will be normally "User Accounts - Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.". Click on it and the UAC window will open. De-select the option "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" and press the O.K. button. Windows Vista will now request to restart your PC, restart it. After Vista has started up the UAC should be disabled.

Although Microsoft doesn't suggest this, you should turn it off if you want to run a lot of programs. You can get a lot of other programs to secure your system instead.
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm going to try this out in a little while. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Also, I would state this to be a different forum, it's not exactly a question. I would put this under announcements.
Back to top Go down
Dyanna
Dyanna

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm

but in the future when people come here with there vista question common sense will bring them here.
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Very True, then at least this topic needs to be pinned or something.
Back to top Go down
Dyanna
Dyanna

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Stickyed* xD
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm

I stand corrected "stickied" it is then, our forum has pinned. I'm just used to that system sorry.
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 pm

This has been a successful solution to the current Windows Vista problem with this game; Tested and Accepted by yours truly.

Final Crisis
Back to top Go down
lovely

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Final wrote:
This has been a successful solution to the current Windows Vista problem with this game; Tested and Accepted by yours truly.

Final Crisis

wait, so can you PLAY now? !!!! (: (: (:
Back to top Go down
Dyanna
Dyanna

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Yes yes she/he can n_n
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Awwww is it so hard to figure out my gender Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovely

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm

k, that's awesome. ^^

i'm glad you figured that out and whatnot.

you should see about making it a link on the homepage,
so vista users can find it more easily. ;]
Back to top Go down
lovely

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Final wrote:
Awwww is it so hard to figure out my gender Very Happy

well on your profile, it does say
"Gender: Unknown"

xD!!!
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 am

Quote :
you should see about making it a link on the homepage,
so vista users can find it more easily. ;]

I would but this forum doesn't have links, it all under one adress, meaning it doesn't have a link on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Pwish
Admin
Admin

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:34 am

eternity-online.uk.to it does it was just easier that way. lol
Back to top Go down
https://eternity-online.forumotion.net
Dyanna
Dyanna

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 am

Pwish wrote:
eternity-online.uk.to it does it was just easier that way. lol
lol what the funk?
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:38 am

I prefer more adresses that way I can so go HERE or HERE instead of constantlly saying: Head to the In-Game Questions, look on the first sticky, then read Dyana's post.
Back to top Go down
The outcomer

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm

What do i do if i have this promblem but do not have a windows vista?
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm

You may be missing the activeX files, just download them into your C: >Windows > System folder and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
The outcomer

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 am

where do i get the activex files Post link plz and I dont know where ststem files or whatever is >:l
Back to top Go down
Pwish
Admin
Admin

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:44 am

There in the Eternity folder you have to register, the DLL files
Back to top Go down
The outcomer

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:58 am

Wut?
Back to top Go down
Pwish
Admin
Admin

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:00 am

In the Eternity online folder there will be .DLL files you must register them.
Back to top Go down
Yunior

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:39 am

Is final a girl or a boy? o.o
Back to top Go down
Final

Final

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:28 pm

That question is something that should be addressed in Chat catagory, not here; please stay with the topic. Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vista problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista problem   Vista problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vista problem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next